Things to Look Forward To

Once upon a time I knew what books were coming out when, and what the author's tour schedule looked like before they did (not really, but I was a bit of a go-getter when it came to stalking the websites of places that host the big guns here in Southern California). Then I had a kid and my concern has been more about when I can go to bed, rather than go to a reading. 

I know. I know

Anyway, I finally started digging around and found a few favorite authors that have some books coming out this fall and thought I'd share, just in case you live in under rock like I apparently am.



John Irving, Avenue of Mysteries (11/3)



David Mitchell, Slade House (10/27)



Salman Rushdie, Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights (9/8)



Margaret Atwood, The Heart Goes Last (9/29)



Lauren Groff, Fates and Furies (9/15)



Colum McCann, Thirteen Ways of Looking (10/13)



Marilyn Robinson, The Givenness of Things (10/27)



Isabel Allende, The Japanese Lover (11/3)

Now, the real question is if I can wait until my birthday/Christmas for most of these.... 

2 comments:

  1. But I haven't even read 'The Bone Clocks' yet! Where has the year gone!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the things I miss most about working in a bookstore - being all up to date on all things bookish. I just received an advanced copy of The Japanese Lover and am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS