Wish List- Kid's Books Edition

I've been trying to read to Sawyer every day, despite the fact that he has no idea what I'm saying and most of the time only looks at the pages on accident. Nonetheless, I try. Right now we're reading Jack Prelutsky's collection of poems, A Pizza the Size of the Sun, which is often easier than reading a whole book. We've read every book he has at least once, so of course I'm already jonesing to start buying him more. Here are a few that I've put on his wish-list:



The New Kid on the Block by Jack Prelutsky

Enemy Pie by Derek Munson

The Incredibly Book Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers

Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go by Richard Scarry 

Andy Warhol's Colors by Susan Goldman Rubin

Cozy Classics: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Jack and Holman Wang

No, David! by David Shannon

The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot by Margaret McNamara

 I don't generally buy used books, but I'm thinking I might start going that route for him. On Amazon you can get one basically brand new for less than a dollar, plus the cost of shipping. Can't beat that! Especially when he starts "reading" them as a toddler- nothing is safe.

3 comments:

  1. No, David is the best! Love that one! I also discovered Extra Yarn when I was working at the library. Really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scholastic book fairs has a warehouse in Anaheim which is a great place to go for discounted children's books. They're only open certain times of the year but definitely worth the trip. http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/index.asp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oliver Jeffers. Buy ALL THE OLIVER JEFFERS. Hard to pick favourites but Lost & Found, Stuck and The Day the Crayons Quit are in my Jeffers Top Five.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS