1. We have a pretty large tub in our master bath that everyone always "oohs and aahs" over but the truth is I've used it less than ten times since we've moved in. I get so bored waiting for it to fill up. And, a tiny part of me is worried about so much water on the second story. I've seen horror stories about leaks... and worse.
2. This weekend just cannot come fast enough. I'm going to a roller derby match Saturday night with some friends, and then the Lady Gaga concert on Sunday night (seriously and willingly- do not ask how much we paid for our tickets, and no, my husband isn't going). Not to mention the fact that Monday is a holiday.
3. I feel like all administrators/bosses should have suggestion boxes for their employees. That way I could suggest things like "the women's room needs toilet seat covers on a consistent basis" or "giving me three days notice for all day trainings is a little rough" or even "it would be cool if the out of class pass vests were capes instead of the ugliness we've currently got going on."
4. While I wasn't as enthusiastic about Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore as I thought, I loved one of the bars Robin Sloan created (or maybe it exists, who knows). There are classics at the tables and the patrons write notes during their visits. I love this, as long as people aren't assholes, anyway.
5. I have a thing for listening to female comedians read their own memoirs on Audible. More to come. I see the makings of a guilty pleasure.
6. A student greeted me on Monday, after our break, with, "I hated Catcher in the Rye and I thought it was boring and useless." Well then. While some students have caught on to the "I don't personally like it, I do see it's literary importance" this student has not. 99% of the time when students say things like this I reply with a nice smile and a "well, maybe you just don't understand it." And then I raise me eyebrows, shrug, and walk away.
7. I made this salted caramel frosting and put it on brownies last weekend. Try it, you'll like it. If everyone ate these the world would be a much happier
and even fatter place.