Link up below!
1. On Easter Sunday my husband and I drove to Santa Monica and walked around for a bit (we don't generally do much for the holiday). I want a sailboat.
2. As I was driving by John Wayne (the airport, not the cowboy) and seeing the planes come in I thought about that feeling I always get when we're about to land- disappointment. Not because I wanted to crash, but because I like the time up in the air. I like being able to read or sleep and to know that I can't do anything about anything back on land. The detachment and helplessness are welcomed breaks from reality.
3. Check out Army Amy's cool idea in this post.
4. Dear people of the world: if we have never talked about my reproductive system before, we're not now. Please don't ask about the state of my cervix.
5. In Style says overalls are coming back in style. I really hope this is true.
6. I had a funnel cake sundae over the weekend- it was just as bit fantastic as I thought it would be.
7. Saturday our neighborhood was swarmed with butterflies- it was beautiful. Apparently in a small canyon-type area near our house the Painted Lady variety burst forth from their cocoons and started flying north. As I walked last night I saw several caterpillars that didn't really get the message.
8. Do you ever get annoyed when there's nothing new on Instagram or Facebook? Do you ever get annoyed where there is?
9. I really love it when I get emails from my brother, who is deployed out in the Pacific somewhere. They're fairly consistent, but it's nice to hear from him.
10. Prepping for maternity leave was no joke- I finally finished today. At this point I could have the baby tonight (noooooooooo don't come!) and my sub would have everything he needed for the rest of the year. My room is trashed and I have a ton of grading left, but there would be stuff to keep everyone busy.